Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding Spline Generated Path
(06-29-2020, 07:51 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:09 PM)linkinballzpokemon Wrote: 1. I want to know How I Create a custom a custom CG Volume Controller so I can move objects along the path, with random deviation from the center of the spline considering these objects are rigidbodies that should detect collisions and deviate from their movement(I should be able to push them off the spline mesh) when collided.
You can do that without creating a custom volume controller. You can use a similar setup to the example scene 21_CGExtrusion, but instead of setting game over to true when touching an object, you can deactivate the volume controller, so it does not control the position of the object, and use your own code or physics to move the object. In the example the collider is a trigger, you probably want to set that to false.
If you still feel need to have a custom controller, take a look at this: https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-580-post-2030.html#pid2030

Thanks for the reply, But after a collision I tried your idea and disabled the CG Volume controller script, but the object doesnt react to the collision, for example if I bump into the car from behind it just stops, But I want it to like react to the collision like other ordinary rigid bodies do, How can I achieve this? 

For example if I drive into a simple rigidbody cube, it will get pushed in the direction of the collision and get knocked back without any additional setups due to the physics system, but when I try a similar thing with the car in the example scene 21_CGExtrusion, It just doesnt work. How can I do that? 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question regarding Spline Generated Path - by linkinballzpokemon - 06-29-2020, 09:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 6 20 1 hour ago
Last Post: proton
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM