Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline?
Trying to use the Curvy UI Spline, but I can't seem to get it to draw in the game view on my canvas no matter what? 

I have the following setup on my game object

- Curvy UI Spline with spline drawn
- Line Renderer
- Curvy Line Renderer

I can see the spline in the scene view if I select it, but nothing shows up in game view?

Any idea how I can make it visible?

Thanks in advance,
Mike W
Hi
A Curvy Line Renderer attached to your Curvy UI Spline should make it visible ingame. This is how the spline is drawn in example scene 04_PaintSpline. Do you notice anything helpful by looking at that example scene?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
It's strange, I managed to get it to display in a test scene, but when I copied the setup to the main scene they aren't visible in game view again for some reason. It's very strange.

The object has the following components:
- curvy UI spline
- line renderer
- curvy line renderer

Everything is on the UI layer (canvas, ui elements, spline)

It is visible in the scene view, but the game view doesn't draw it? Very confusing

aha figured it out - the canvas in the test scene I had set to screenspace - camera, the other one is overlay
Glad to know that the issue is solved.
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot.
Have a nice day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp