Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting spline collider hit point to spline position
Hi again,

I'm trying to add an object (let's say a cube) to a spline at the position where the spline was clicked. I'm using raycast and can get the spline clicked hit.point no issue, but how do I then convert that to an actual spline position so I can then add and move the cube to the correct location on the spline?

Many thanks (once again) for your valuable time

John
Hi,
I don't get something: you said you already get the hit point on the spline. Isn't that what you are asking for? Maybe with a drawing or a screenshot I can understand you better
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Ah, no sorry I'm after the spline.Position value of that hit point (I am using Position Mode as Absolute).
1- Use spline.GetNearestPointTF to get the corresponding TF.
2- Use spline.TfToDistanceto get the corresponding distance
3- the corresponding splineController.Position is distance/spline.Distance
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hello and thank you for your reply.

In your step 3, there is no spline.Distance property, where would I obtain that from please.

thanks

John
Sorry, my bad, I meant spline.Length
Thank you for your help!
you are welcome

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 2 11 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44