Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curvy Plugin for Unity 3.5.7
Hello,

I have a question regarding the Curvy plugin :
We have many projects and many computers on Unity 3.5.7 and it would be fucking expensive to upgrade all of them, nevertheless, we're deeply interested by curvy's features so I'd like to know if there's a way to get Curvy for Unity 3.5.7 ? Even an old version ?

I also would like to know if performance is fine on IOS. The game we intend to do is a runner, using curvy features to simulate player lanes. Do you think it's a good idea ?

Thx.
(10-08-2013, 10:03 AM)lelag Wrote: We have many projects and many computers on Unity 3.5.7 and it would be fucking expensive to upgrade all of them, nevertheless, we're deeply interested by curvy's features so I'd like to know if there's a way to get Curvy for Unity 3.5.7 ?
Curvy is downward compatible to 3.5.7. However, exporting a 4.x package and importing in 3.5.7 results in many errors as soon as assets (scenes, meshes, *.asset) are involved. So to get the latest version running in 3.5.7:

* Download the latest package from the AssetStore using an up-to-date version (4.2.1 at the moment). If a 4.2 install is interferring with your 3.5.7 license, consider using a VM.
* Once you're imported Curvy in 4.X, just copy all files excluding Examples and Shapes folders to your 3.5.7 project

This gives you the current version for 3.5.7. Examples and shape settings are only accessible from Unity 4, though. (Superspline shape settings are broadly available on the web and you can rebuild them easily). You might want to check the examples in your Unity 4 install (or read the docs and see the example source files, might be enough to get a clue).

Alternatively, send me a mail containing an order number and I'll send you a 3.5.7 package (need one by myself for Magical Box integration).

Quote:I also would like to know if performance is fine on IOS. The game we intend to do is a runner, using curvy features to simulate player lanes. Do you think it's a good idea ?
Definitely! One of Curvy's key features is caching, so heavy calculations (like getting curve segments distances) won't be calculated over and over again. You can cache almost any useful value (positions, tangents, orientations), so calculations strip down to a simple lerp between two cached values. Bottomside of caching is memory usage, but there are many options to fine control caching behaviour to match your particular needs.

Spline's can't be faster...

There's even a new runner example (I need to update the runner-webplayer sample on my side) that handles lane switching etc...

Cheers

Jake
Wonderful !

I'll try buying it with a 4.2.

Thx a lot.

Cheers !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 1 hour ago
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 6 Yesterday, 03:23 AM