Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
splinecontroller initial position only applied after clamp.
Im spawning and reusing dummy prefabs to move stuff along a spline. But their starting point should vary. When setting the initial position nothing happens when I run, the value isn't applied until the clamp happens ( which is set to loop ).

Code:
SplineController sc = a.GetComponent<SplineController>();

sc.Position =  sc.InitialPosition = sc.Spline.GetNearestPointTF(StartPoint.position) * sc.Spline.Length;

Any idea what im doing wrong?
Ensure that AutoPlay isn't enabled and set InitialPosition first, then call Play(). That should do the trick...
(07-13-2016, 07:06 PM)Jake Wrote: Ensure that AutoPlay isn't enabled and set InitialPosition first, then call Play(). That should do the trick...

Thanks Jake,

I tried that just now but don't move. It looks like the moment I instantiate my objects they don't apply most of the things I call. Play() doesn't actually make my object move nor does it set the initial position.

Edit:

Fixed it by doing the following:

Code:

if (!sc.IsInitialized)
  sc.Prepare();
   sc.Position =  sc.InitialPosition = sc.Spline.GetNearestPointTF(StartPoint.position) * sc.Spline.Length;

I still have to put auto play to true. Calling Play() doesn't work. But in my case that's fine I need them to move anyways. But any reason why Play() might not work?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 11 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM
  Finding relative position across connected splines DekoGames 1 8 02-05-2024, 10:11 PM