Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
splinecontroller initial position only applied after clamp.
Im spawning and reusing dummy prefabs to move stuff along a spline. But their starting point should vary. When setting the initial position nothing happens when I run, the value isn't applied until the clamp happens ( which is set to loop ).

Code:
SplineController sc = a.GetComponent<SplineController>();

sc.Position =  sc.InitialPosition = sc.Spline.GetNearestPointTF(StartPoint.position) * sc.Spline.Length;

Any idea what im doing wrong?
Ensure that AutoPlay isn't enabled and set InitialPosition first, then call Play(). That should do the trick...
(07-13-2016, 07:06 PM)Jake Wrote: Ensure that AutoPlay isn't enabled and set InitialPosition first, then call Play(). That should do the trick...

Thanks Jake,

I tried that just now but don't move. It looks like the moment I instantiate my objects they don't apply most of the things I call. Play() doesn't actually make my object move nor does it set the initial position.

Edit:

Fixed it by doing the following:

Code:

if (!sc.IsInitialized)
  sc.Prepare();
   sc.Position =  sc.InitialPosition = sc.Spline.GetNearestPointTF(StartPoint.position) * sc.Spline.Length;

I still have to put auto play to true. Calling Play() doesn't work. But in my case that's fine I need them to move anyways. But any reason why Play() might not work?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM
  Finding relative position across connected splines DekoGames 1 8 02-05-2024, 10:11 PM
  Getting object on spline Position when Spline has coordinates larger than 2000 velikizlivuk 5 10 09-05-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: velikizlivuk