Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Curvy splines appropriate to build city streets?
Hi !
Sorry to disturb, I'm considering buying Curvy splines. I see it's a good asset to make roads or circuits. But my goal is to make the streets of a European style city, with many curvy streets, crossing one another all the time, with sidewalks all along the ways, sometimes nice concrete texture, sometimes broken, etc...
Do you know if this tool would be the best for this kind of stuff?
Hi
Curvy Splines can create meshes for roads as you described, but lacks the functionality of merging those meshes at the intersection points. If your intersections all look similar, like in this post, then you can provide a mesh for the intersection and make Curvy Splines place it at every intersection.
Regardless of that point, please keep in mind that Curvy Splines is not a city road system, but a generalist tool that can be configured to do a lot of things, one of which being roads. You will have to spend some effort configuring it to reach your objective.
Did this answer your question?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank you so much for your reply ! ^^ Yes, it answers my question perfectly Smile
As you said, yeah, I realized I must maybe head to a tool specifically designed to make roads, and not splines in general.
Thanks again ! Keep up this great work ! ^^
You are welcome, thank you.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 0 0 43 minutes ago
Last Post: ShiroeYamamoto
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 5 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_