Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local Avoidance with splines and colliders.
So i'm revisiting trying to use curves for 3Dpathfinding/avoidance, and i've got it setting smooth/safe paths for my AI ships.
There are a few cases that i'd like some help with:

1: The distance to the destination is too small, and it crams a bunch of CV's into a small area at weird positions, causing the path to get squiggly.

2: The destination is behind my ship. so the first major bend gets increasingly sharp, no matter how much i scale the handles

[Image: Cf2DLyj.png]
3: I'm limiting the up/down rotation of the ships, so figuring out a minimum turn radius, and constructing a Y directional spiral to allow the ships to move up towards their desired height, before continuing along their X/Z plane.

Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New free asset: Converter For Unity Splines _Aka_ 5 19 04-25-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM