Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SplinePathMeshBuilder to Curvy Generator
I am currently updating and improving code that was originally built bij another company using an older version of Curvy.
I basically fixed everything except for the code below:

Since I can't find really good examples online how to convert a SplinePathMeshBuilder to a Curvy Generator version I'd love to get some advice on how to convert this. Especially since I am new to Curvy.

Here's the code (and thanks in advance):  

public SplinePathMeshBuilder CreateMesh ()
        {              
                var MeshBuilder = SplinePathMeshBuilder.Create ();

spline.Refresh ();

MeshBuilder.Spline = spline;
                MeshBuilder.CapShape = SplinePathMeshBuilder.MeshCapShape.Custom;
                MeshBuilder.StartMesh = railCapMesh;
                MeshBuilder.gameObject.layer = parentTransform.gameObject.layer;
                MeshBuilder.GetComponent<Renderer> ().material = railMaterial;
                MeshBuilder.UV = SplinePathMeshBuilder.MeshUV.Absolute;
                MeshBuilder.UVParameter = 0.12f; //width of the mapping in cm. 
                MeshBuilder.ExtrusionParameter = 3;
                MeshBuilder.EndCap = MeshBuilder.StartCap    = false;
                MeshBuilder.Refresh ();

var coll = MeshBuilder.gameObject.AddComponent<MeshCollider> ();

coll.isTrigger = true;

railPieceSelection rps = MeshBuilder.gameObject.AddComponent<railPieceSelection> ();

rps.railPiece = this;

rps.selected += RailPieceSelectedEventHandler;

MeshBuilder.transform.parent = parentTransform;

return MeshBuilder;
            }

That looks like an usual extrusion to me. Please look into the CG setup of one of the example scenes (e.g. 21_CGExtrusion). Tipp: you can add whole templates like the above extrusion to a CG graph (see the tutorial vid about it).

If you want to create a whole CG by code, see 51_InfiniteTrack - that example creates both a spline path and a CG by code. That's a bit extreme though: the best approach is to create a decent CG that does what you want, then change options by script if neccessary.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 1 10 04-03-2024, 03:16 PM
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp