Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get lightmaps properly with curvy generated meshes?
Photo 
How to achieve best Light Maps results? See my attachments. I don't get good baking. Need an advice!

Thanks in Advance.

Forgot to post generator screenshot. Plz find it in the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-25-2015, 11:26 AM)uprashanth Wrote: How to achieve best Light Maps results? See my attachments. I don't get good baking. Need an advice!

Thanks in Advance.

Forgot to post generator screenshot. Plz find it in the attachment.
Well, that's pretty simple. The generated meshes should be ready for lightmapping out of the box if you check the "Add UV2" and "Make Static" options in the Create Mesh CG module. One thing I'd recommend for better lightmapping is setting up a split at reasonable step in the Volume Mesh CG module. Since an extrusion is unwrapped into a UV tile, it's in your best interest to split it into chunks if it goes for as long as you depict in your screenshots - that way you'll get less sheared pixels and more resolution lengthwise. Particular options I'm referring to are "Split" and "Split Length".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 Yesterday, 10:23 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 7 03-27-2024, 03:23 AM