Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance on Mobile (Android)
Are there known performace hits when using Curvy on Android? On my dev machine the movement for the game is smooth and easy to use. However, when being played on phones and tablets, it almost seems jittery; like it is jumping to the points on my curvy path.

I have tested it on new and old devices and all seem to struggle getting smooth movement.
Hi,

there are no known performance hits. Saying that, you may suffer from Curvy's caching mechanism depending on your settings and actions. Fortunately you are able to configure it the way you want it. Please post a screenshot of your spline settings...

In general, the cache will be rebuild everytime you change a CP's Transform or add/delete a CP. Rebuilding means that SegmentCount*Granularity sample points will be interpolated and stored (Position,Tangent,Up-Vector,Distance). Later in your game, you'll be able to move along a spline using a simple lerp of those sample points.

For a start, please lower the Granularity down to 1. This will render the usage of cached data mostly useless, but it's a good indicator if recalculation of the cache is the problem.

Jake

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oculus GO (Android) performance issues Gambin0 5 138 12-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Physics Disconnects on Mobile dcrosby 2 613 06-22-2018, 02:21 AM
Last Post: dcrosby
  Performance Considerations Colton-Vitruviusvr 1 1,114 02-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Jake
  Performance spike on generator mbcauley 10 5,339 01-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Jake