Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different materials along extrusion
I'm building a race track and my current approach when it comes to different track types along the track feels very clumsy.

Is there any way, via meta nodes or similar, to provide material info (either separate materials or simply U/V info) along a path extrusion? Or is my multiple extrusions with separate mesh outputs from a common path the only way to assign different materials?

I've managed to get the U-property of the cross section shape to work after looking at the rail track tutorial. But now I'm looking to do something similar, but along the extrusion path instead of the cross section.

If no solution is available, it would be nice to see a V based meta node, that applies the V coordinate along a extrusion.
What I'm doing is basically this;

0 = Dirt road material (repeat along spline)
1 = Transition material (1 repetition using V coord info)
2 = Asphalt material (repeat along spline)
Hi,
Your way of doing it is the correct way right now. Having a parameterable V coordinate (beyond offsetting and tiling) is something I am planning to implement in Curvy Splines.
Let me know if I can help further
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi, was this feature implemented or is it in the pipeline? I'm interested in this as well, for the exact same use case.
Hi
Sorry but this feature is not implemented yet. Once version 8 is released (most probably start of 2022), I will go through the backlog and decide of what will be implemented for the next version. Until then, I can't give an estimated time for the completion of this feature.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fading in/out extrusion mesh of a spline? _RicO 3 5 07-25-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Efficiently chopping up a build extrusion? blabz2007 2 9 08-05-2022, 10:43 AM
  Connection extrusion briceio 1 13 08-04-2022, 12:36 PM
  Shape extrusion scaling tairoark 5 19 06-07-2022, 05:35 AM