Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freewalk mode, then return to spline
(08-28-2018, 11:35 PM)mythstified Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 01:48 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,

I tried reproducing your issue but couldn't. Maybe some of your code modifies the OffsetRadius or some other parameters. Anyways, I have attached a working version of your code, with an example scene. I am sure that, by comparing my scene to yours, you will quickly find your issue's cause.

Unrelated to that issue, I have some remarks about your code:
  • Based on your comment, cpPositions is build at Start. Just make sure that if the spline updates, you update that list too. In my code I used spline.ControlPointsList directly.
  • You will have a better result if you have some logic to decide whether to use InsertBefore or InsertAfter, depending on your level configuration.
  • InsertBefore does by default refresh the spline, no need to call the Refresh afterwards.

Thanks for doing that for me.  It helped me determine that there was something else going on.  Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that the player which had the controller object *WAS* moving to the spline, but the VRTK "playareatransform" was NOT.  Changing this reference to the Player position instead seems to make it right!  

By the way, the reason why I build cpPositions at the start is because my map will have MANY splines with connections linking them together.  If my player wanders too far away from the old spline and is now closer to another spline, it'll hook to that one.

So far it's working good, even added some more code to delete the "temporary" control point.  Thanks for the help!

Its totally based on that mode you can change it whenever you like it (Y)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Freewalk mode, then return to spline - by sanaeerumey - 11-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM