Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Controller Animate - Don't understand the Speed and TimeScale properties
(05-10-2018, 01:09 AM)GenericJoe Wrote: I think the docs should explicitly say the Y axis also has values between 0 and 1.
Having the Y axis spanning between 0 and 1 makes things easier to understand, but this is not constrained by the code, so stating otherwise in the doc may be misleading for existing users, who have already filled values beyond 1.

(05-10-2018, 01:09 AM)GenericJoe Wrote:
It is indeed very misleading using the same speed variable when speed no longer means speed.
I am against giving two meanings to a variable, even when the said variable is not visible to external coders/users. So I completely agree with you.

Both points you have raised were already present when I started working on Curvy. I definitely want to fix them, and will work on them for the next update, which will be mostly focused on controllers.
Fixing these issues is very easy and straight forward if I didn't care about breaking changes, but when you try to keep the compatibility with older versions, things became very restrictive and difficult.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spline Controller Animate - Don't understand the Speed and TimeScale properties - by _Aka_ - 05-10-2018, 10:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM