Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide to custom placing stuff on spline
(09-30-2023, 07:54 AM)Lupos Wrote: So while I love the curvy generator, I do think its a bit too heavy and complicated for what I ultimately wish to do. 

I just want to align walls along the spline, and I was hoping you could guide me on a simple way to get started doing this manually.

This is because I want control of the pooling and type of objects and performance is key. I also just think it'd be simpler if I could write my own.

You can place objects without using Curvy Generators (CG for short). CG is a tool that makes object placement and other operations usable without coding, but nothing stops you from making your own code that will use Curvy Splines API to accomplish the same things as the CG, in your own way.

Placing objects is simple, just use CurvySpline.Interpolate, CurvySpline.GetTangent, and CurvySpline.GetOrientationFast to retrieve all the needed data from a spline, then use them to place a wall or any other object.

This explanation includes only placement. Mesh deformation or extrusion are another subject.

I hope this helped.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide to custom placing stuff on spline - by _Aka_ - 10-02-2023, 08:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get length starting from one spline to connected nth spline Dragon-3623 1 1 05-14-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM