Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor.
(05-02-2023, 08:09 PM)Lupos Wrote: Is there an easy built in way to just spawn objects inbetween points? of a segment with this?

There is no specific option to spawn just in between CPs, but ...

(05-02-2023, 08:09 PM)Lupos Wrote: Seems like the only thing I can do is create a new spline path, set the control points to be the segment i need, then rasterize it... and then i can either set the range during the rasterization, or do it in the spots volume. 
I'm just not sure if that's performant. 

I tried referencing the same spline path via different inputs, and setting the settings there. Maybe I can find a way to get that work.

... you can indeed have multiple input modules, all using the same spline, but each one of them having a different couple of Start/End CP : https://curvyeditor.com/documentation/generator/modules/inputsplinepath#range
Setting up these different modules can be done via API. The method FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Examples.E51_InfiniteTrack.buildGenerator does that, if you need an example.

(05-02-2023, 08:09 PM)Lupos Wrote: But if I did, I'd have multiple spline inputs all linking to the same original reference spline. And then each of those would be rasterized, and then spots volume.

There nothing fundamentally wrong with this, the amount of duplicated calculations is relatively small.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. - by _Aka_ - 05-03-2023, 12:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM