Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor.
Quote: use the Curvy Generator (using the Volume Spots module). This module offers a lot of options when it comes to placing objects on a spline.

I've taken a look at the Volume Spots module and played around with it. So far its really fantastic and seems to run much faster then what I was using before.

I still can't seem to figure out the best way to have the generation only create stuff in between points. I see that I can limit where it generates stuff like the Volume Path Range as well as the spline input path range, but that doesn't really solve my issue of only spawning stuff in between two points (or segments.)
I also looked at group to see if there was anything I could adjust or add. (it'd be cool to be able to control things in the groups maybe i dunno)

Is there an easy built in way to just spawn objects inbetween points? of a segment with this?

Seems like the only thing I can do is create a new spline path, set the control points to be the segment i need, then rasterize it... and then i can either set the range during the rasterization, or do it in the spots volume. 
I'm just not sure if that's performant. 

I tried referencing the same spline path via different inputs, and setting the settings there. Maybe I can find a way to get that work. But if I did, I'd have multiple spline inputs all linking to the same original reference spline. And then each of those would be rasterized, and then spots volume.

Also as a follow up is it possible to retain a prefabs scripts? The curvable objects I'm trying to create require having logic applied to them for destruction, so far I cant seem to get that to work with the generator.

Edit* I'm starting to think I'll have to script this like u originally suggested.

Edit** If going the coding wrote, how can i get objects to curve towards the spline.

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. - by Lupos - 05-02-2023, 08:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM