Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing
Update: issue is fixed in the soon to be released 8.5.0.

Here is an explanation of what caused the issue:
Spline segments use Unity's OnDrawGizmos and OnDrawGizmosSelected to draw the gizmos. These methods are not called exclusively, meaning that a selected segment will have both methods called. As an optimization, I avoided drawing gizmo twice, by not drawing it in OnDrawGizmos if OnDrawGizmosSelected was going to be called. To do so, I had a code in OnDrawGizmos that predicts if OnDrawGizmosSelected is going to be called. That prediction code had different versions, since the rules of calling OnDrawGizmosSelected were different between main Unity versions. By main version I mean 20XX.Y, such as 2022.1 or 2020.3
Now even within the same main version, those rule change, as we witnessed with 2021.3.16 and 2021.3.22. There is as far as I know no way in the code to know which minor version the code is running on. And to be honest, even if there was, I would not bother, since any future minor version could break the code again. So I decided to unfortunately remove the optimization.
Thanks a lot for your patience
If and when you feel like it, please leave a review for the asset, that helps a lot
Have a great day.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing - by _Aka_ - 04-07-2023, 04:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM