Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing
(03-31-2023, 11:07 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: That's very unfortunate. Can you please comment on the ticket stating that the issue is still there in 21.3.22f1? Also, if you can report a Unity bug, that would help a lot. If you do, I highly recommend that you attach a reproduction case not containing Curvy Splines. You can, like the previous ticket, reproduce the issue with a Unity component, such as the box collider.
Thanks

I went to reproduce the issue without Curvy but I'm getting different behavior, at least with the box collider.  Actually, the box collider is working the same from what I can tell between 2021.3.19f1 and 22f1.  Here's what I'm seeing:

* Add a 3D cube to the scene and turn off the Mesh Renderer.
   > The box collider shows when the object is selected in the hierarchy.
   > Create a parent object and put the 3D cube in it.  The box collider shows when the parent object or the 3D cube is selected in the hierarchy.
   > The box collider doesn't show when a different object is selected or no object is selected in the hierarchy.

That seems like normal behavior to me.

* For Curvy, I get the following behavior in 2021.3.22f1:
   > Create a spline by drawing points.  The spline is visible during drawing of the control points or if you select any control point in the spline.
   > If you select the object containing the spline, the spline is not displayed.
   > Create a parent object and put spline object in it.  The spline does not show when the parent object or the spline object is selected.
   > The spline is shown when a different object is selected (including any other object contained in the parent object) or no object is selected in the hierarchy.

So I'm not able at this point to produce a test case with a straight Unity object with it's related gizmos.  Blush  So I haven't updated the Unity issue at this point.  Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spline Gizmos & Segments Invisible while Drawing - by ricke - 04-01-2023, 08:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM