Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force spline normal to be always world up
Hi
My understanding of what you said is the following:
You want that the no point on the spline should have a tilt, thus leading to at no point we should be able to see the lateral faces of the mesh when looking from an orthogonal top view. In other words, the face surrounded with red in the bellow screenshot should not be visible

If am wrong, feel free to explain to me using visuals.

If my understanding is correct, the solution would be to set the spline's orientation to Dynamic, all its CPs to Orientation Anchor, and then all the rotations of the CPs to 0,0,0 (or different values if your prefer). Note that the first and last CP of a spline are by default Orientation Anchors, so that option is not settable through their inspector.
This gives the following result

Notice that there are still lateral faces visible on the right part of the image. What I found solved this, is to add more CPs to the spline. You can easily do that automatically by using the Subdivide tool. The newly created CP(s) need also to be an Orientation Anchor.
This is the result I got by adding one CP between the last two CPs.

Did this help?

Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Force spline normal to be always world up - by _Aka_ - 08-04-2022, 12:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting Distance from a World Point zorksox 3 5 04-16-2024, 07:30 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM