Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline path "Range" option: how to go from end to start CP?
(03-06-2022, 02:44 PM)niuage Wrote: Ok, got it. I knew about the range, and it is indeed a way to do it, but the issue is that it's not as flexible. As I tweak the shape of my spline, moving CPs around, using the path range continues working as expected. Whereas if I have to use the range on the extrusion node, I would have to constantly change the range value as I move CPs.
I see why using CPs is more convenient in your case. You can always use a script to make the Range of the Shape Extrusion be automatically updated, when a spline is modified, so that its updated value matches the changes in the spline. In other words, listen to the spline's OnRefresh event, and with each refresh, set the Range so that it starts at:

yourSpline.TfToDistance(yourCP.Tf) / yourSpline.Length

Wrote this code on top of my head, might have minor mistakes.
Do you see the idea behind what I suggested?

(03-06-2022, 02:44 PM)niuage Wrote: Anyway, if it's not a hard tech limitation to overcome, it'd be nice to support that feature, even if I have to check a checkbox to explicitly have the range join with the origin CP.

I added this feature in the requested features backlog. Will try to implement it in an upcoming update.

(03-06-2022, 02:44 PM)niuage Wrote: Amazing tool btw. I just got a good grasp on how to handle complex UVs today and it's pretty well done.

Thank you, happy to see that you are liking the tool.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spline path "Range" option: how to go from end to start CP? - by _Aka_ - 03-06-2022, 06:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 4 18 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM