Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue
Hi _Aka_!

Thanks so much for your answers!

I should have added more markers to this Awake method, I was pretty sure that FindObjectsOfType was taking all the time, but I forgot all the things done in the Unity operators!
(but I think FindObjectsOfType will still garbage a lot. I still need to verify before saying wrong things again!)

The issue was happening when opening a scene, or switching back from play to edit mode.

I didn't modified Curvy heavily, just commented a line (and maybe that's the cause of the issue I realize that now, but I really think I have 700 legit DuplicateEditorMesh in my scene):

Code:
            if (firstChanged != null)
            {
#if UNITY_EDITOR
                DEBUG_ExecutionTime.Stop();
                if (!Application.isPlaying)
                {
                    // >>>>>>>>>> COMMENTED THIS LINE, because calling that from every Generator was showing it in the profiler, like a lot (I don't remember the duration)
                    //EditorUtility.UnloadUnusedAssetsImmediate(); //OPTIM is this necessary? It was added in changeset SHA-1: 4b04d2ea947cdb84fdc45f07f3e5cbf7b9531c94
                }
#endif
                OnRefreshEvent(new CurvyCGEventArgs(this, firstChanged));
            }

Messages In This Thread
RE: DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue - by Guillaume - 01-17-2022, 02:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 3 14 Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Last Post: proton
  I want to improve the performance of Variable Mix Shapes yanke 7 8 07-27-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rotation issue with generator nicolaj.h.andersen@gmail.com 1 15 04-14-2023, 11:58 AM
  BuildVolumeMesh issue tairoark 40 95 11-25-2022, 07:57 AM