Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spline controller orientation
Hey ! 

First, thank you for this amazing asset, I think it's very well made and it fits my needs perfectly, good job !

I have a small question regarding the Orientation of the spline controller. 
Currently, my spline controller is oriented like this (green lines) :

[Image: E9vipqN.png]

As you can see, it's orientation doesn't follow the spline perfectly.
I'd like to know if there is a way to orient my controller perfectly toward the spline. (Green lines should almost merge with the spline)

Here my are my parameters: 

[Image: CWHGvFA.png]

I setup my controller on the spline using:

Code:
float nearestPoint = refSplineController.Spline.GetNearestPointTF(transform.position, Space.World);

refSplineController.Position = nearestPoint;

Thanks you and please let me know if you need any additional information.
Hi
Thank you for the praise.
The tangents indeed look weird. Can you please send me the exported spline (the import/export menu), or the scene, or the project? Thanks
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hey,
Thanks to your hint I was able to make it work by recreating a new spline.
I'll send you the wrong spline if you need to investigate more.

Thank you for the quick answer, I'll be sure to leave a review !
Have a good day
Thank you
Yes please, send me the one with the problem, I will have a look at it
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi
After taking a look at your spline, I believe the issue is from the small number of cache points, which leads to the cached tangents not being precise. Increasing the number of cache points will solve the issue.
Improving the calculation of cached tangents for splines not densely cached enough is something I am planning to fix in the future.
Thanks for reporting the issue, and have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM