Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue
Hi Guillaume

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I am having trouble reproducing the issue. I first just spammed the scene with tens of generators generating thousands of meshes, but the Awake method took less than 10ms. Digging deeper, I saw that the meshFilter.sharedMesh != null condition is always false, thus the FindObjectsOfType method is never called. This is because the sharedMesh  can be != null only if the object was reused, meaning taken from a pool. But pools are ignored in edit mode, and this awake code runs only in edit mode. So I am confused about how you managed to reproduce the issue. Did you modify Curvy's code? Please send me any information that would allow me to reproduce the issue.

About your suggestions to avoid calling FindObjectsOfType, they might be good solutions. The DuplicateEditorMesh was created by my predecessor, and I don't doubt that there are better ways to solve the issue he was trying to solve. I can give a better answer once I know how to reproduce the issue.

Thanks again, and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DuplicateEditorMesh performance issue - by _Aka_ - 01-17-2022, 11:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rasterized Path Range issue proton 3 15 Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Last Post: proton
  I want to improve the performance of Variable Mix Shapes yanke 7 8 07-27-2023, 09:15 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Rotation issue with generator nicolaj.h.andersen@gmail.com 1 15 04-14-2023, 11:58 AM
  BuildVolumeMesh issue tairoark 40 95 11-25-2022, 07:57 AM