Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Spline collisions (Pathfinding)
Hi,

Collisions: I don't think it is expensive for smart pones, except if you have really a lot of objects in your scene. Keep in mind that I don't have experience making smart phone apps, so I might be wrong. Regardless, if the objects you want to check collisions against are static and defined in edit time, you can save their position on the path (a value between 0 and 1) and check against those values at runtime, instead of using colliders.

Recalculate path: I don't have a solution to that. Maybe looking for "collision avoidance path algorithm" will help

Extra: Sorry, I didn't understand. You want the rotation of the last cp to be the rotation at the end point? Aren't those the same concept?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
Check Spline collisions (Pathfinding) - by Hukha - 03-23-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: Check Spline collisions (Pathfinding) - by _Aka_ - 03-23-2020, 02:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 5 03-27-2024, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM