Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical Box particles along spline
(08-19-2013, 12:16 PM)Jake Wrote: Ok, one more question: When switching direction, how do you want existing particles to behave?

- Continue moving until end reached (=direction is set once at a particle's birth)
- Switch direction immediately and warp position (i.e. a particle that has 75% of it's age will be instantly warp from TF=0.75 to TF=0.25 if you switch direction from forward to backward)
- Switch direction immediately, but keep particle's position and speed (i.e. when switching direction, a particle starts moving in the new direction with constant speed, but will die in between because lifetime exceeds)
- Switch direction immediately and keep position, but increase speed to reach the end before it dies.

Thanks
Jake

Hmmm I'm not quite sure which I'd pick. I'd need the old particles to kinda die off quickly, since if the player switches direction, he's supposed to see the reversed flow of the particles, from the beginning of the pipe, and all the way to the end. Any way to reset the emitter(make all current particles disappear or just die quickly) when direction is switched?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM