Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Mesh Extrusion Problem
Quote:Working with Unity for so many years now, nothing suprises me anymore Confused The bad thing is that I don't have any statistics about my customers, not even an email address or any opportunity to make a survey. I would drop Unity 3 instantly, but I'm worrying about loosing customers. Supporting multiple versions is a pain...

Regarding the custom mesh errors: Extrusion is done in two steps: finding edge loop(s) and extruding them. Looks like the sorting inside the edge detection is causing the trouble.

I guess it would be taking a pretty chance to just drop 3.2 support and just see how people react. Big Grin But yeah I remember we once had a digital signature solution for our customers which naturally got updated to newer .NET versions. Until it turns out that one of our biggest customers was still using .NET 1.5 and was unable/unwilling to upgrade. It sure is a pain to build and test 2 separate versions.

I have one additional question regarding the mesh extrusion btw. Would it be possible to connect the last edge loop with the first (in splines that close and have a mesh going the whole way) in order to avoid shading artifacts due to the last segment being similar to a hard edge? Or would that not really fit elegantly in the current architecture/user workflow?

Messages In This Thread
Custom Mesh Extrusion Problem - by Kriechgebuesch - 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Custom Mesh Extrusion Problem - by Jake - 08-14-2015, 07:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect mesh alignment after extrusion on curved path Thinkurvy 10 21 04-17-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Adjust radius of generated mesh via script? Shackman 1 4 03-26-2024, 01:12 PM
  Connections Problem Juton 3 16 03-06-2024, 10:41 AM
Question How to attach custom components to output Sacryn 3 7 02-23-2024, 09:42 AM