Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do I position a splineController on a spline in runtime to an exact position?
(01-17-2018, 11:06 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
Did you use RelativePosition instead of Position? If yes, what was the result?
And when you say "my spline is in relative mode", do you mean Position Mode is relative, or Move Mode is relative?

I had move mode in absolute units when I was testing with the built-in movement, because that made the speed setting more intuitive. I discovered (as you probably were about to tell me...) that I needed this in Relative mode if I was going to set it from a script. Oops.

So the prerequisites seem to be that Position Mode and Movement Mode should be the same as what my C# script expects. I also found it needs to be in Play mode to do the updates. Again, you probably knew this already. Smile

We can consider this solved. It's working now. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: how do I position a splineController on a spline in runtime to an exact position? - by syscrusher - 01-18-2018, 12:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Set Volume to the Volume Controller at Runtime pako88 2 10 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM