Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Rigidbodies On Spline With Force
Yes, having rigidbodies behave like you want while simultaneous being locked to an invisible path is tricky, that's why we don't provide a full-fledged RB controller - it just won't feel right for everyone.

So creating your own custom controller is the way to go and it's quite easy to do so (read about it here). Most of time it's sufficient to override just ApplyTransformPosition()/ApplyTransformRotatiion() and add your physics manipulation code there.

Also, I've seen others getting good results by using multiple GameObjects: one or more SplineControllers that follow the path and a separate rigidbody being kept in relation to them.

Tbh I'm not sure if I fully understand the issues you're having, perhaps you could show some screenshots or even send me a scene (by mail) to have a closer look. But I'm quite sure that it's possible to get the behaviour you're after.

Jake

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving Rigidbodies On Spline With Force - by Jake - 10-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM