Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collision along spline
The reason is simple: the FollowSpline component doesn't care about rigidbodies. It just sets the object's transform based on the given spline position and speed. Setting the transform of a physics controlled object breaks the physics simulation, so you'll have to either make it kinematic or apply forces.

You may want to skip the whole FollowSpline component and just add the relevant API calls to your physics controller script (the script where you handle input, collisions etc.). It's quite simple to get a spline's values (position, tangent, up-vector) or advance (i.e. move) a position using a certain speed, just simple API calls. See http://docs.fluffyunderware.com/curvy160/api.html for an overview.

For Curvy 2.0 I'll try to setup some more FollowSpline variants, but a custom solution is always better than a multi-use component (total control, less overhead).

Let me know if you need help with the API, but you really should give it a try - it's simple but powerful.

Messages In This Thread
Collision along spline - by Keladinus - 08-05-2014, 06:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM