Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Shapes for the spline not working.
Hi

I am trying to create a custom shaped geo for my spline however no matter what I do it seems to come out wrong.

I cant find any documentation on how you are supposed to set it up and I cant seem to find the geometry assets that are used as Curvy's defaults in the unity project folder for some reason.

Can somone either point me in the direction of information on how to do it or give me a breif step by step including exactly how the geometry should be made?
Im assuming at this point that for example if I wanted to create an arch I would create an arch in maya but only use the front face (like a quad in the shape of an arch) not a complete box modeled 3D geometry as Curvy seems to extrude everything.

However when I try to do this the geometry is seems not to act corretly.

I have attached several images.

The first one is the strange result I am getting when i attach my custom geometry to the spine. (it works fine when i use any of the default curvy shapes)

The second is the shape that I assume is put into Curvy as my geometry to be extruded. Behind it you will se the kind of result that I am after as my final product.

Messages In This Thread
Custom Shapes for the spline not working. - by jasperPT - 07-15-2014, 11:14 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM