Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor.
(05-05-2023, 12:45 PM)Lupos Wrote:
(05-05-2023, 10:22 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: You can find them by searching for files with the asmdef extensions.
I tried and no files for Curvy seem to exist. I was able to find everything but curvy's asmdef.

Edit* I found the generate asmdef button in the Curvy options menu (after reading the changelog.) I'm wondering if this is an issue since without these files generated, its not possilbe to make the modifications you mentioned. 

You suggested either delete these files, or modify them to support the files I needed. Well it appears not having them just doesn't work and I'm forced to generate them and append my required data into it.

Edit** Another issue I came across was that I can't both reference the CurvySpline asdmf in my own code, and have it reference my code. (circular dependency.) I wish there was a simply way to override the parameters I need within my own code, or possibly inject what I need.

Edit*** Because I had the asset in the plugin folder, I was prevented from accessing my own namespaces without the asmdfs. (I forget if I added it to plugins myself or not)

The asset is automatically installed in the Plugins folder. My bad, I should have told to make sure the asset is outside that special folder. I will not explain the entire Unity logic of code dependencies (I invite you to look for that, it is interesting to learn), but the Plugins folder is a special that has no access to the remaining code in Assets. This is true for Asmdefs too, except if you add to them dependencies. The best place for code to have access to all code is outside any special folder, and with no asmdefs.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. - by _Aka_ - 05-08-2023, 09:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM