Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor.
I've made an attempt to make my own generator. Likely due to my novice experience with this asset and its api, but I did end up needing to do a considerable amount of copying from existing modules and editors.

I was sorta able to make it work by doing the following

1) customize Spline Input to generate an array of segments (instead of an entire spline)
2) customize Spline Rasterizer to take the multiple inputs and rasterize them into the usable data
3) customize Volume Spots to take the multiple segments and generate data, then apply a custom unit offset (based off the original range param) to offset.

It sorta seems to be working however I'm having trouble getting closed to work, its likely due to how I've tried implementing this. I also still get the error in relation to StartCP/EndCP as I told you before.

If possible, would you mind taking a look? I'd love a fix to why I can't seem to make it close. It's related to try to send the end/start points as a segment (and the distance ending up calculating negative.

But I'm also just curious if this is even the best way, is there an easier way to do this without needing all these modules? Maybe a way to just modify the volume spots module to only generate within a segment (without feeding it custom new segments?)

I'm pretty stumped haha, but I'm happy I was able to get as far as I did. Learned a lot in the process.

Attached Files
.unitypackage   CustomUnitPaddingGenerator.unitypackage (Size: 444.17 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. - by Lupos - 05-05-2023, 10:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM