Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor.
(05-05-2023, 03:49 AM)Lupos Wrote: I'm having trouble locating the assembly definition files (asdf). I actually tried to look into them before coming to you but had trouble locating them.

You can find them by searching for files with the asmdef extensions.

(05-05-2023, 03:49 AM)Lupos Wrote: I know you said the SplineGenerator was pooled in the example, but from what I saw it initialized a set amount of generators based on the segments.
I thought you asked if the generators used this pooling. The answer is yes.
The generators by themselves are not pooled.

(05-05-2023, 03:49 AM)Lupos Wrote: Is this a recommended?

I have never tried such a setting. I don't see at this moment anything that would make me say that it is not recommended.
About pooling generators, maybe you don't need that. I doubt you will have to create/destroy generators every frame (do you?), so the need for pooling is less present. I recommend to first try a naive solution without pooling, then build a pooling system only if the profiling shows a need for that.

(05-05-2023, 03:49 AM)Lupos Wrote: And instead of having a pool generators system, would it be just better to make 1 generator handle everything I needed in 1 go? If so, where could I get started to figure this out? I simple want all the control that the standard spots volume provides, just with the ability to set padding between points based off world units.

You have access to the source code of the spots producing modules (by order of complexity: InputSpots, InputTransformSpots and BuildVolumeSpots). You can skim through the code to see how things are done.

(05-05-2023, 03:49 AM)Lupos Wrote:
(05-04-2023, 09:33 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: I think you should set the Range parameter (of the module that suits you) so that it sets a buffer at the beginning and end. The range is expressed as a relative distance. So if you want your range to start at 0.5u, then your range start value should be 0.5f/yourPathLength. You can access your path's length either via:
Currently I have each generator have its SplineInput range set to the points I want (always a segment). Would I still use the entire spline Length when calculating the .5 offset? Or Would I use the segment length.

The segment's length, which is CurvySplineSegment.Length as I mentioned earlier.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Curve Spline be used for an in game level editor. - by _Aka_ - 05-05-2023, 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM