Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
splines from .txt files
Hi!

The files are created in an other visualizing software, but just as line segments. They can be exported in multiple formats, all human readable, including obj.
I will look up how to make a cutom tool bar action, thanks for the tip.

I am thinking the direction of my script is not adequate to begin with.
The solution probably involves making blank prefabs of and empty CurvySplineGroup, an empty CurvySpline with a preset CurvySplinePathMeshBuilder on it, and an empty CurvySplineSegment, then making a script to populate the group with a spline for each file, a segment for each line in the file. Then I get a 3d tube shaped path for each set of data. 

My script is bad, and more like a rough sketch for what I want to do. I will keep working on this and post my progress.
Getting a script to read the text file into a spline is the first step, and I think would be very useful to others : D

Thanks for the reply,

Lila

(04-30-2014, 08:44 PM)'Jake' Wrote: Hi,

the idea is good, but I would create a custom Toolbar Action to handle the task. 

I am not sure what you mean by custom Toolbar Action at the moment. Looking into Advanced Editor Scripting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wShOv8c1E which may help.
If you could point me towards any information on how to make a custom Toolbar Action, that would be awesome!
Thanks,

Lila

Messages In This Thread
splines from .txt files - by Lila - 04-30-2014, 01:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information New free asset: Converter For Unity Splines _Aka_ 5 19 04-25-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 15 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM