Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control points cause "kinks" in spline
Hey guys, 

I am using curvy in a jet based game where I have jets that are following curvy splines and using the up tangets as orientation. In many ways the tool is working great however we have had some weird issues. One of the biggest issues I am having right now is that when you add a control point (so I can adjust desired up vector more smoothly for rolls etc) it always has some sort of tension within a small distance of the point so no matter what I do it creates a "kink" which is very noticeable when the plane moves along the spline and looks unnatural.

I have tried changing my curves to different types and using different settings but have been unable to solve this. So what I am saying is if i have a 180 degree spline corner and I add a control point between the two it gets a flat spot regardless of settings.

Messages In This Thread
Control points cause "kinks" in spline - by Jaynen - 04-28-2014, 07:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 3 11 04-02-2024, 02:24 PM
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM