Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change to Random Spline on End Reached Event
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I believe this is a too specific need for it be one of the parameters of the controllers. To keep things simple, I always try to make available the minimal set of parameters that allows to do all, or at least most, of the possible scenarios.

In other words, if I add a parameter to automatically set the position to 0 when changing the spline, then why not another parameter to reset the Direction parameter when changing the spline? And that's how you end up with too much parameters, making learning how to use controllers complicated, or at least time consuming.

To be honest, I already find some areas of Curvy Splines having too many parameters. Some features for me are superfluous, and lead to extra maintenance work with not much additional value, reducing my time spend in adding more useful features. But unfortunately things were how they are when I acquire Curvy from its previous owner, and it is hard/problematic to remove features after they got released.

But don't let my answer discourage you from suggestion any other improvement you would like to see in Curvy Splines.
Thanks again for your time, and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Change to Random Spline on End Reached Event - by _Aka_ - 09-13-2021, 08:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 3 6 04-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 6 03-28-2024, 10:08 PM
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 14 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM