Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with 2018.3.0f2
Hello there people, 

I really love the curvy splines plugin and it will be of crucial value to my new game that i am preparing. 

I have an annoying issue with the new unity 2018.3 though. 

Whenever i use the Generator i get 

InvalidOperationException: Destroying a GameObject inside a Prefab instance is not allowed.
UnityEngine.Object.DestroyImmediate (UnityEngine.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEngineObject.bindings.cs:322)
FluffyUnderware.DevTools.ComponentPool.Push (UnityEngine.Component item) (at Assets/Plugins/DevTools/Components/ComponentPool.cs:212)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGMeshResourceLoader.Destroy (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule cgModule, UnityEngine.Component obj, System.String context, System.Boolean kill) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CGResource.cs:189)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGResourceHandler.DestroyResource (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule module, System.String resName, UnityEngine.Component obj, System.String context, System.Boolean kill) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CGResource.cs:66)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.DeleteManagedResource (System.String resourceName, UnityEngine.Component res, System.String context, System.Boolean dontUsePool) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:595)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.removeUnusedResource () (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:756)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.Refresh () (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:531)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.doRefresh () (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:801)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Refresh (System.Boolean forceUpdate) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:586)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Initialize (System.Boolean force) (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:551)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Update () (at Assets/Plugins/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:244)

Do you know when you will get an update that will most likely solve this? I am not in a hurry but you know how bad it gets in your eyes with these errors on the console. Especially when you want to do debugging and such. 

All the best and keep up the amazing work man.
Hi,
Thanks for your love Smile
The error you are getting is because Unity, starting from 2018.3, does not allow removing objects from a prefab instance without unpacking the prefab.
Can you please send me a reproduction case, or at least steps to reproduce the error. Also, what version of Unity are you using?
Once you send me the needed data, I'll try to find an automatic solution for your problem.
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hello there,

Yes i am using the version 2018.3.0f2

What you can do to reproduce the error is the following.

Take the scene 26 with the generator spline and make it a prefab ( i did that to bootstrap it faster but still even if you create it anew you will have the same effect ).
Then create a new scene and place this prefab. Try to manipulate a bit the mesh for the mesh cap and then select the main spline.

Try adding more points to the spline and then select Closed on the spline. The error should be reproducable at this point.

Whatever you will do after that , including modifying the speed of the agent that will run on the spline will give this kind of errors on the console.
(01-05-2019, 11:14 PM)douoht Wrote: Yes i am using the version 2018.3.0f2

Sorry, I meant what Curvy version do you use.

I tried reproducing it with your steps, but still couldn't. Maybe it's the "Try to manipulate a bit the mesh for the mesh cap" part that I got wrong. What do you mean exactly by manipulating the mesh?

And when you save a scene with the error happening on it, does it stay after you reload the scene? or do you need to do the steps from the start to reproduce the bug again?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(01-06-2019, 07:51 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:14 PM)douoht Wrote: Yes i am using the version 2018.3.0f2

Sorry, I meant what Curvy version do you use.

I tried reproducing it with your steps, but still couldn't. Maybe it's the "Try to manipulate a bit the mesh for the mesh cap" part that I got wrong. What do you mean exactly by manipulating the mesh?

And when you save a scene with the error happening on it, does it stay after you reload the scene? or do you need to do the steps from the start to reproduce the bug again?

Hello there,

I am using the latest version of Curvy ( that is 5.0.0 ).  I mean by that to draw the spline for the mesh cap that defines the shape of the generated spline mesh. 

When i apply that to the prefab as a change then whatever i do it will spam the error. Also it remains there even if i close unity and reload the project again. The same with the scene.
Sorry, but I am having a hard time trying to reproduce it. Can you send me a scene with the issue?
Just sent you a PM with a link from google drive with two packages.
For further reference, here is the result of the private discussion we had douoht and I:

The error happens when a CurvyGenerator is part of a prefab, including the meshes it generated, and then the instanciated prefab tries to remove those generated meshes, for example when combining all the splitted meshes into one.

The solution is either to unpack the prefab instance (disconnect the prefab instance from the prefab) or remove the generated meshes from the prefab.

A more helpful message error will be included in the next Curvy update
Smile

i got editorapplication error when try build 

on android with unity 2018.3.0f2 and last curvy

try fix my self need help thank'
Hi,
Sorry for that issue. It will be fixed in the next update. Until then, here is how you can fix it yourself:
https://forum.curvyeditor.com/thread-514.html
Have a nice day

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Question Generator Canvas workflow issues Sacryn 1 7 02-02-2024, 11:22 PM
Lightbulb issues with the shader in URP sukhov 4 8 11-22-2023, 12:52 PM
  Curvy Splines Built In Editor Undo causes issues. Lupos 1 9 10-02-2023, 08:52 AM