Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues when working with in-place prefabs
Bug 
We're getting some issues when working with curvy inside a prefab. We're doing game object deformation along a spline. But when the generator etc is contained inside a prefab something goes wrong. So far we've encountered the two following issues

1. Parts of the generated output is visible until you hit save inside the prefab (see attached image)
  2. Sometimes the generator seem to get stuck in a endless loop producing thousands of objects when backing out of the prefab and back into the scene.
  3. When working in-place, sometimes the generated output just disappears until you move a control point or otherwise force a rebuild.

When scenario 2 happens Unity slows to a crawl and its really hard to grab a screenshot of whats going on. This issue seem to happen with mesh outputs. Seem to work much better if we just use Curvy to scatter objects along a path.

(We're on 2022.3.17 and Curvy 8.7.3)

Managed to produce the issue with constant error spam and missing assets when working in a prefab and then backing out into the scene. The following error keeps repeating forever if the "Auto refresh" option on the generator is checked. "MyPrefab" is the prefab that is placed in the scene, and it contains a generator in one of its child objects

Code:
ArgumentException: Could not load Prefab contents at path MyPrefab.prefab. Prefabs should have exactly 1 root GameObject, 2 was found.
UnityEditor.PrefabUtility.LoadPrefabContents (System.String assetPath) (at <5e6ebaa7d75c4d5399dc81ecead6b43f>:0)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.DeleteAllOutputManagedResourcesFromAssociatedPrefab () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:1217)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.TryDeleteChildrenFromAssociatedPrefab () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CGModule.cs:756)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateMesh.Refresh () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG Modules/CreateMesh.cs:822)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.doRefresh () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CGModule.cs:778)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Refresh (System.Boolean forceUpdate) (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:851)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.TryAutoRefresh () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:882)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Update () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:312)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.editorUpdate () (at Assets/3rdParty/ToolBuddy/Assets/Curvy/Scripts/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:299)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at <5e6ebaa7d75c4d5399dc81ecead6b43f>:0)
Hi
Can you send me a project with the minimal number of files to reproduce the issue, plus the exact steps to follow to reproduce it? I will then reproduce the issue on my pc and try to fix it.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(02-24-2024, 10:46 AM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi
Can you send me a project with the minimal number of files to reproduce the issue, plus the exact steps to follow to reproduce it? I will then reproduce the issue on my pc and try to fix it.

Seem to happen sporadically. I've yet to find a solid reproduction case, besides having really heavy scenes with Curvy as a part of one rather large prefab (we're working with large prefabs instead of sub-scenes due to various reasons). Suspecting it got something to do with the refresh time in editor (due to the issue disappearing when we turn off auto-refresh). I'll try to increase it to 1000ms instead of the default 10ms and see if it goes away that way as well.
Ok
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Generator Canvas workflow issues Sacryn 1 7 02-02-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Lightbulb issues with the shader in URP sukhov 4 8 11-22-2023, 12:52 PM
  Custom CurvySplineSegment prefabs Lupos 1 10 10-02-2023, 09:36 AM
  Curvy Splines Built In Editor Undo causes issues. Lupos 1 9 10-02-2023, 08:52 AM