Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Control points / performance question
Hi I'm just wondering, does having more control points have a performance hit ( bezier spline ). So if I had a bezier spline but one section of it was straight and therefore would only need 2 control points would it make any difference if it had say 30 control points.
Hi,
It depends on what you do with that spline. In some situations, its beneficial to have lower number of CP, and in some others it is better to subdivide your spline and then work on the segment you are interested in. But In general, it's better to have lower number of CPs. The change from 30 to 2 would be quite insignificant though. The change can start to be noticeable if you reduce your CPs number by at least 2 orders of magnitude.
All what I said is a generality, and depends on what you do, what hardware runs your application, etc. My advise would be to not care about the number of CPs unless the profiler says otherwise.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Ok thanks
You are welcome.
Also, next update will have some optimizations that will make the number of CPs even less relevant (though not irrelevant)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  snap to the curve created by the curvy splines segment points ShiroeYamamoto 1 2 7 hours ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Get position of all control points for a spline gekido 1 2 7 hours ago
  Avoiding runtime GC allocations on control point position change Ell223 8 18 02-24-2024, 10:43 AM
  Does CurvySplines support displaying handles and points during runtime? niuage 1 7 12-11-2023, 12:01 PM