Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to properly set UV for extruded spline texture
Hi,
I am trying to setup a simple extruded mesh with custom material and texture in Curvy 6.
I did some textture baking in Blender 2.80 (image included) and edited U values in every spline point.

The problem is: I can't find how to set up the V coordinates of the extruded vertices. Generator is using all texture area resulting in black unwanted holes in my object.

How to fix this?

The texture is square. Should I make the UV's to cover all the texture area and do not try to limit mapping?
But then I will loose the object aspect ratio.
Or maybe I miss some settings?

Regards,
Piotr
Hi,

The mesh extrusion will use the whole texture's V coordinates. The Volume Mesh CG module has UV Offset and UV Scale parameters, but I fear that this is not enough for your need (I a guessing that you want tiling to work with your sub-texture)

This being said, you can modify the code of existing module, or create a new module, to define a subset of the V values to be used.
If you want to modify the existing code, the code that defines the UV of the extruded mesh is in BuildVolumeMesh.createMaterialGroupUV method. Take a look at this line:
float v = mat.UVOffset.y + vol.F[sample] * mat.UVScale.y * grpAspectCorrection;
You can introduce a new parameter to the Volume Mesh module defining the valid values of V, and use that parameter in the v coordinate computation above.

If you need more help please let me know
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thank You for explanation. I just made the new texture covering all the Vertical area and it works fine.
You are welcome
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM