Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mesh index warning at extrusion
Hello,

I'm trying to generate a rail track like in your example 25. I copied the generator from the example and fed it with my own spline.
Sadly, the wires and railtracks are not extruded. In the generator I get a warning: "Mesh of index X skipped because vertex count Y > 65534," where X and Y have different values. What does this mean? And why do the wires and the railtracks not extruded? How can I fix this?
It does export something, but it's definitely not right:
https://imgur.com/QWJSrGq

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
This message means that you are trying to generate a mesh that has too many vertices. This limitation is there because Unity has a limit on how much vertices there can be in its meshes. This limitation was enhanced in recent Unity versions, but Curvy still uses the old limitation.
So to reduce the number of vertices, either reduce the level of detail of your mesh, of split you mesh into multiple submeshes. For the first solution look, take a look at the options of the Shape Extrusion module. For the second solution, use the Split parameter of the Volume Mesh module.
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Thanks for your swift reply. I used the split option and changed the value until the warnings were gone.
The result: still not very good:
https://imgur.com/4JeCHk1

The meshes of the wires are missing. Also, for some reason I can't open the generator anymore.

The console keeps outputting this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGGameObjectResourceLoader.Create (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule cgModule, System.String context) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CGResource.cs:239)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGResourceHandler.CreateResource (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule module, System.String resName, System.String context) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CGResource.cs:49)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.AddManagedResource (System.String resourceName, System.String context, System.Int32 index) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:597)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.Modules.CreateGameObject.Refresh () (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG Modules/CreateGameObject.cs:157)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CGModule.doRefresh () (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CGModule.cs:815)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Refresh (System.Boolean forceUpdate) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:595)
FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator.Initialize (System.Boolean force) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/CG/CurvyGenerator.cs:550)
FluffyUnderware.CurvyEditor.Generator.CGGraph.Open (FluffyUnderware.Curvy.Generator.CurvyGenerator generator) (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/Editor/CG/CGGraph.cs:141)
FluffyUnderware.CurvyEditor.Generator.CurvyGeneratorEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/GeodanGo/3rdParty/Curvy Splines/Curvy/Base/Editor/CG/CurvyGeneratorEditor.cs:45)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:445)
UnityEngine.GUIUtilityTonguerocessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
Hi,
I don't understand what I am looking at when I open your screenshot. Could you send me your scene?
The error you get happens in code related to pooling. From looking at the code, it happens when the pool has no more elements to provide. Try modifying the parameters of the pools used by the Curvy Generator.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
(06-06-2019, 08:25 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Hi,
I don't understand what I am looking at when I open your screenshot. Could you send me your scene?
The error you get happens in code related to pooling. From looking at the code, it happens when the pool has no more elements to provide. Try modifying the parameters of the pools used by the Curvy Generator.

Hi Aka,

Swift update: we're currently coping with some deadlines, but I will try to replicate the situation next week and send you that scene. 
What you're seeing is the mesh that is generated by Curvy for the ground underneath the rails. As you see, the mesh is all blown up. The mesh for the wires remains empty.

I will get back to you as soon as possible with an example scene.
Thanks for your time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Shape Extrusion of Generator by code UsernameHed 1 49 06-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
Information [Quick and dirty] Shape Extrusion: interpolate between multiple Crosses _Aka_ 7 1,721 04-28-2019, 11:02 PM
Last Post: ChivalrousGames
Photo TRS mesh is not constant Waver 5 785 02-02-2019, 11:48 PM
  Exporting the mesh issue douoht 5 880 01-09-2019, 09:45 AM