Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OnControlPointReached not triggering when metadata attached
Hello there,

In my game i make use of OnControlPointReached.AddListenerOnce().
The problem i run into is, that every once in a while (maybe 1 out of 200 runs) the Listener will not fire for control points where there is a Metadata script attached to it.
It works fine most of the time, and i have no clue what could cause it not to fire in these rare occasions.
Any ideas? The code looks something like this:

protected override void Start(){
           if(Application.isPlaying){
               OnControlPointReached
.AddListenerOnce(OnCPReached);

base.Start();
       }

public void OnCPReached(CurvySplineMoveEventArgs e)
       {
           if(Application.isPlaying){
               Debug.Log(e.ControlPoint.ToString());

var metadata = e.ControlPoint.GetMetadata<FinishMetadata>();              
               if(metadata!=null){
                   Debug.Log("has metadata attached");
               }
           }
       }

So on a good run the Console output will look something like:
Spline.CP0002
Spline.CP0003
Spline.CP0004
Spline.CP0005
has metadata attached
Spline.CP0006

on a bad run:
Spline.CP0002
Spline.CP0003
Spline.CP0004
Spline.CP0006

CP0005 is just missing and not "listening" at all ....
That's weird. And it happens only for CPs with meta data I guess, right? Can you tell me what Curvy version you use? And also can you send me a reproduction case?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Yes, only happens for CPs with meta data. Curvy version is 5.2.1 and Unity version is 2018.2.10f1
For the time being i made a workaround, i will send you a reproduction case once i got a bit of time on my hands.
The reproduction case would ideally be just a Bezier Spline containing some CPs with metadata attached and a SplineController with the OnCPReached listener.
I tried to reproduce but couldn't, even with thousounds trigerred events. I looked at the code, and I don't see anything obvious that would make the event logic depend on the existence or not of metadata. I attached the scene that I used to test it. Let me know if my test scene do reproduce the bug on your setup

Attached Files
.zip   EventMetaData.zip (Size: 5.15 KB / Downloads: 2)
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "MetaData" Of Entire Spline Heightmap SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 3 6 10-16-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Metadata interpolation tairoark 3 10 10-17-2022, 01:07 PM
  Proper metadata usage tairoark 2 8 10-01-2022, 12:04 PM
  Accessing Metadata from CG hucota7 1 8 02-16-2022, 08:49 PM