Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extrude custom mesh along a path
Hi,

I have purchased this awesome plugin to create paths, roads, rivers... for the scenario. After going through the documentation I can't find how to extrude a custom mesh. I can extrude a "Spline shape" but not a given mesh. I think in the past was it possible. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Mesh extrusion works only with splines: you extrude one (or a mix of multiple) shape spline along a path spline. If the input mesh you want to extrude is simple, you can create a simple script that goes through the vertices of the input mesh and create a spline with Control Points positioned at the same position than the input mesh's vertices. See CurvySpline.Create and CurvySpline.Add methods in the API referenc3 for more details
Have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
May thanks fo the answer. It will be awesome if you could add that feature in the future, like Unreal has. It will be the definitive tool for this great asset Wink
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you send me please, if it does not take you a lot of time, a link to some Unreal Engine page/video showing the feature?
Thanks and have a nice day
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How to attach custom components to output Sacryn 3 6 02-23-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Not seeing mesh extended after following YT PaulM 1 3 02-02-2024, 12:01 PM
  Trigger Zones along Spline Mesh dlees9191 1 5 01-05-2024, 10:18 AM
  Guide to custom placing stuff on spline Lupos 15 43 11-27-2023, 12:51 PM