Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best approach to mirroring with scripts intact?
Hello- Really loving Curvy... I'm in a position where I need to mirror all my curves/extruded meshes and keep the scripts/scaling curve data intact- so I can continue to edit values on both sides. Was wondering if there was an ideal approach that worked properly? None of my experiments have yet to work... Thanks for any insight.
The ideal approach is to wait for 1.51 which among others adds an "Flip Spline" option Wink

If you're in hurry, contact me by mail (here in the forum, click on my name and then "Send E-Mail") and we'll find a solution (please include your Ordernumber).

Jake
(08-21-2013, 08:34 AM)Jake Wrote: The ideal approach is to wait for 1.51 which among others adds an "Flip Spline" option Wink

If you're in hurry, contact me by mail (here in the forum, click on my name and then "Send E-Mail") and we'll find a solution (please include your Ordernumber).

Jake

Wink I could be down for that if it's not too far-off... keeping fingers crossed for normals in the texture department as well... Angel
Try adding this to the CurvyUtility class (CurvyUtility.cs):

Code:
/// <summary>
/// Flips the direction of a spline, i.e. the first Control Point will become the last and vice versa.
/// </summary>
public static void FlipSpline(CurvySpline spline)
{
      spline.ControlPoints.Reverse();
      spline._nameControlPoints();
      spline.Refresh(true, true, false);
}

You'll need to call this from a script or add a button to the spline inspector if you want it within the editor.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Including scripts on created meshes lewsk55 1 14 10-04-2022, 10:46 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Spline Controller and Editor Scripts: changes not saved ABTOMAT 1 4,010 05-26-2016, 11:18 AM
Last Post: Jake