Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical Box particles along spline
(08-20-2013, 08:44 AM)Jake Wrote: Hi,

I've exported you my test scene. I used the dev version of Curvy, so propably CurvySpline and CurvySplineSegment scripts are missing when you import that. In this case just drag the CurvySpline script to TubeA/B/C objects and CurvySplineSegment to all CP objects. Alternatively, just delete all tubes, recreate them with your Curvy version and reassign them in the Simple Tube parameter.

Here's the tutorial.

You see, custom parameters aren't rocket science.

Jake

This is pretty amazing, I didn't know MagicBox can be modified this way, will definitely look into this more during the next few days. Big Grin

I ran into just one problem while trying to use this on my scene, and it's the following. I use a simple rotation script which makes the ship tilt to one side, then back (simulation of a ballast system), however, the particles don't seem to follow the curvy spline as it rotates together with the object. It worked fine when I was using the Position by Curvy Spline default parameter included with MagicBox, but with this Custom one, I guess it does not recalculate the path as the spline moves.
Any simple fix for this or?
(08-20-2013, 07:46 PM)lukasspro777 Wrote: This is pretty amazing, I didn't know MagicBox can be modified this way, will definitely look into this more during the next few days. Big Grin
Magical Box was designed from the ground up to be as modular and extendable as possible. And of course you can roll your own custom emitters as easy as parameters.

Quote:I ran into just one problem while trying to use this on my scene, and it's the following. I use a simple rotation script which makes the ship tilt to one side, then back (simulation of a ballast system), however, the particles don't seem to follow the curvy spline as it rotates together with the object. It worked fine when I was using the Position by Curvy Spline default parameter included with MagicBox, but with this Custom one, I guess it does not recalculate the path as the spline moves.
Any simple fix for this or?
This was intentional because it's the fastest method. Curvy itself interpolates world coordinates, Magical Box uses ParticleSpace coordinates (i.e. the local space of the MBParticleSystem object). So you'll just have to use default TransformPoint/InverseTransformPoint to translate coordinates...OR you replace PT.Position with PT.WorldPosition, that will do exactly the same Big Grin

Jake

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Changing spline connection in inspector causes splines to revert to defaults lacota 3 6 03-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  GO can't fit end of the spline GameDeveloperek4123 3 13 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Keeping a fixed spline length jh092 3 16 02-21-2024, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Primrose44
  How could I get position in spline from "From" value in BuildRasterizedPath? Chanon 1 8 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM