Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line renderer
Hello i'm using playmaker to create my games,, i was wondering if i can create something like a line renderer using curvy and magicbox in playmaker?
Hi,

(08-11-2013, 03:52 PM)jgalvezpa Wrote: Hello i'm using playmaker to create my games, i was wondering if i can create something like a line renderer using curvy and magicbox in playmaker?

See the Dynamic Spline Example scene. A playMaker version is also included in the custom action package.

Jake
I want to create a combination of Dynamic Spline and Follow Spline, when the user touch and moved the screen the spline with the particles follow.
How can i do that with playmaker?
i'm using Follow spline example scene, how i can detete those Dots, i just want to create line with just one effect, i have other effects not created with magicalbox, how i can make ir work with curvy
(08-13-2013, 07:25 AM)jgalvezpa Wrote: i'm using Follow spline example scene, how i can detete those Dots, i just want to create line with just one effect, i have other effects not created with magicalbox, how i can make ir work with curvy

To make other effects (like Legacy or Shurikan) use Curvy you'll need to write custom code that move your particles. In Magical Box, select the "Position By CurvySpline" parameter and set Extrusion to none. That will make all particles follow the spline exactly.
I'm not good with programming that why i'm using playmaker

i just want to create a effect like this [Image: 17775]
(08-13-2013, 04:52 PM)jgalvezpa Wrote: I'm not good with programming that why i'm using playmaker

i just want to create a effect like this [Image: 17775]

If I understand you right you want to use Curvy with Unity's builtin ParticleSystem - that's fine, but then you'll need to code or make someone code it. There's "only" a Magical Box addon available that let's you sync Magical Box Particles with Curvy in various ways. Set the FollowSpline parameter's options like I said and the particles will straightly follow a Curvy Spline. Docs for this parameter are here

Or did I understand you completely wrong?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Curvy Line Renderer for UI Spline? gekido 1 1 1 hour ago
Last Post: _Aka_
  Line Renderer between two objects on a spline travellinggamedev 1 7 01-13-2024, 10:39 AM
  Closest point From a Ray (a line), to the spline UsernameHed 5 4,403 07-31-2019, 03:57 PM