Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Curvy Generator
Hi,
I'm trying to use Curvy Generator to create a mesh from a spline, but I really can't figure out how it works since I didn't find any tutorial.
What I did after opened Curvy Generator is:
  • Adding a Input Spline Path module
  • connecting it to a Shape Extrusion Module
  • connecting it to Volume Mesh module
  • connecting it to Create Mesh module
All connection are successful and after I selected the spline for the Input Spline Path module, its header became green. All other headers remain red though.

This is a screenshot of the situation.

What am I missing to generate a mesh and make it a standalone game object?

Thanks
Yes, tutorials are pending...

You need a cross shape (InputSplineShape module) and plug it into the extrusion. Tip: Add the "Extrude Shape" template, it contains everything you need, just plug your spline into the path module then.

Another tip (in case you didn't read that in the docs): Hold Ctrl while dragging a link. On drop it opens a context menu with all modules that are valid for the current input type. This is the quickest way to build graphs from scratch.
Ok, I'm a step further. I selected a 3d/Rectangle shape but the "Save to scene" and "Save mesh asset" in the "Create Mesh" module are still grayed.
If they're grayed out, there isn't a mesh present. Hit Refresh from the toolbar or check the input (tip: enable debug output in the toolbar)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Extending Curvy Generator for Advanced Lofting - Feasibility Check amutp 2 4 Yesterday, 07:25 AM
Last Post: amutp
  8.8.0 is live, and it improves Curvy Generator greatly _Aka_ 0 5 Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Generating GO only on CPs in Generator GameDeveloperek4123 1 6 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM
  Using Unity's SplineContainer in Curvy Splines dlees9191 3 14 02-26-2024, 09:49 AM