Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie question..
Hi,
I just bought the curvy package but I'm not sure it can do what I want so I'm asking the experts here for confirmation before I invest a lot of time trying to figure it out.
So, say I have a circle spline and three game objects. Now what I want, at startup, is populate the circle with multiple instances of the three game objects in an order I specify and have them bend to follow the spline. I'm trying to create a 2d cutaway of a planet made out of prefab pieces. It's important that they bend since the pieces are made flat with plenty of polys to allow a bend and it's so much easier to create all the assets flat. If it is possible, a little hint as to what components or example files I need to look at would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Maharg
Hi Maharg,

just add a SplineController to each GameObject, then set it's Spline and InitialPosition property to set it up.
Awesome, thanks! I will venture forth then.

-Maharg

Shoot, it doesn't bend the mesh. Oh well. Curvy is still very cool for lots of uses. I'm sure I'll be using it for other things on this and future project.

Thanks,
Maharg
What exactly do you mean with "bend the mesh"? Controllers set the transform of their GameObject by default, using an axis you define in the Controller inspector.
I want to conform straight segmented tile pieces to a circle to make a smooth 2d circular planet. I've been looking for a spline system that lets me do that or a bend deform modifier.
That should work if you use a Curvy Generator with the Volume Spots module (works with a Path as well!). It places your meshes or prefabs along the spline. If that doesn't work, can you provide a screenshot or sketch of your input objects?
Oh, okay! I'll try that tonight. Thanks Jake!
I just re-imported the latest package from the asset store and I got this error:

Assets/Packages/Curvy/Controllers/UITextSplineController.cs(263,20): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.UI.VertexHelper' does not contain a definition for `Clear' and no extension method `Clear' of type `UnityEngine.UI.VertexHelper' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I'm using Unity 5.2.0f3. I changed Clear to Dispose to fix it.

James
Hm, Unity 5.2.1p2 has both, Vertexhelper.Clear() and Vertexhelper.Dispose(). Will change this again for 2.0.3.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Question: Uniformly increase spacing between volume spots? SAMYTHEBIGJUICY 1 5 09-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  I have a question about curvySpline haifeng.huang 12 32 07-14-2023, 09:34 AM
  Question about generator Mos Def 7 1,807 04-10-2023, 10:20 PM
Question Connection Question dazz777 1 121 11-22-2021, 01:42 PM