Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe bug with some types of Prefabs/meshes
(04-22-2022, 02:14 PM)_Aka_ Wrote: Ok, managed to reproduce this one, and found a work around. I still need to look deeper into this and make sure this fix  is solid, but if you are in a hurry, here it is:
In CGData.cs, go to line 2004, and replace this line:
private static readonly Material NullMaterialDictionaryKey = new Material(Shader.Find("Diffuse"));
with this one
private static readonly Material NullMaterialDictionaryKey = new Material(Shader.Find("Standard"));
Will keep you updated

This one was unrelated to your problem. It is an issue I discovered trying to reproduce yours. Basically, in my code I need to create a default material. Using the Diffuse shader works fine as long as it is included in the build. In all my previous builds, this shader was included (because used in the build scenes). While trying to reproduce your issue, I happened to make a build without that material (that I thought was by default included by Unity in all builds), thus having an exception raised by the Shader.Find method.
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Is there anything else that I haven't answered to regarding this thread?
Please consider leaving a review for Curvy. This will help a lot keeping Curvy relevant in the eyes of the Asset Store algorithm.
Hi,

For Issue A:
I suspected that Unity was not generating tangents in runtime because I had changed all the tangent settings I will raise a bug report with Unity.
(I do not have the original mesh to re export the fbx so I guess I'll import it into blender and re-export it)

However, I want to make mention, if I had a standard cube into the gameobject then it works, then the generation of tangents seems to succeed which
is very worrisome because I don't know why it works when a cube is added.

For Issue B:

Looking forward to the fix.

I don't think you've missed anything regarding this thread!

Thank you
(04-23-2022, 03:51 AM)studentloan Wrote: However, I want to make mention, if I had a standard cube into the gameobject then it works, then the generation of tangents seems to succeed which is very worrisome because I don't know why it works when a cube is added.

That's probably because the cube has tangents, and the mesh combination step in the deform mesh module will auto-compute the tangents if it sees that tangents are partially present. Regardless, my fix should make this irrelevant.
(04-23-2022, 01:42 PM)_Aka_ Wrote:
(04-23-2022, 03:51 AM)studentloan Wrote: However, I want to make mention, if I had a standard cube into the gameobject then it works, then the generation of tangents seems to succeed which is very worrisome because I don't know why it works when a cube is added.

That's probably because the cube has tangents, and the mesh combination step in the deform mesh module will auto-compute the tangents if it sees that tangents are partially present. Regardless, my fix should make this irrelevant.

I have filed a bug report with Unity about the issue of tangents not correctly being generated at runtime but works in the editor for some models. I hope some resolution is obtained.
I hope too
Thumbs Up 
Hello admin,

I have filed a bug report about this tangents not generating on when an executable build is created with Unity and a Unity QA dev has successfully reproduced the issue and created
an issue for the same in the public issue tracker.

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/error-indexoutofrangeexception-is-thrown-and-tangents-not-generated-when-running-build-with-curvy-generator-in-use

Please vote on this issue. Thank you!

Here's their email
Quote:Hi,

We successfully reproduced this issue. It will be possible to follow the progress and a chosen resolution in our public Issue Tracker once the report has been processed (link will become reachable after an hour):
https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1422747

We highly appreciate your contribution. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,
Danielius
Customer QA Team
Thanks for updating us. Voted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug Issues when working with in-place prefabs Sacryn 4 6 02-27-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: _Aka_
  Cant Generate Meshes At Runtime alms94 5 22 01-26-2024, 11:27 AM
  Disable rebuild of meshes in dynamic mode Zilk1 1 8 10-04-2023, 09:50 AM
  Custom CurvySplineSegment prefabs Lupos 1 10 10-02-2023, 09:36 AM